You are all set to bring your pet kitten at home, and everything from food to the sleeping place is arranged. What about the Litter department? Proper care should be taken while dealing with the Cat Litter Box. Many of you might not consider this seriously, but in the long run, you will realize it.
Kitten Litter Box Training
Before getting started with the Litter Box, your Cat must be well trained enough to use this box. Some of the primary reasons for disowning cats by owners is related to the Littering problem. Well, the cat gets into an issue only because of your carelessness.
We would like to list out some of the points to be considered for an effective Litter Management.
Before getting started…
It is suggested to have +1 Litter Box for the number of cats you have. If you have got 2 cats, then buy 3 Litter Boxes for them. This will allow the user to have easy accessibility to the boxes, and you don’t have to run around searching for it. Also, have a close eye on your kitten after they are done with the meals. Let’s begin!
Make a Routine
After your kitten has eaten their food, give some time for the kitten to settle down. Then after some time, lift them and gently place them in the litter box. If they are in a mood to sleep, let them finish the sleep first. As they woke up, you can try to place them in the litter box.
You will be surprised to know that cats prefer digging their paws in the litter and hiding all their ‘business’ in it. To get started with this, you can gently lift their front paw and do a small demo of digging and scratching the litter.
According, you can give him praises for each achievement of his. Or sing any sonnet or haikus for appreciating him. These are just tips to keep your cat entertained and feel light during the litter use. Another point is that, if your cat is not adjusting well with the litter, then don’t force the little guy. They will learn on their own; you need to give some time.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
If you are new to the world of Litter Box, then you must know some Dos and Don’ts of this.
- Place the litter box in a silent surrounding. Cats require peace and calm surrounding while they are doing their ‘business.’
- Keep the litter box away from the cat’s bed, and make sure that the place is private enough. Cats love privacy during this time.
- Maintain the cleanliness by replacing the litter, if it requires cleaning badly.
And the Don’ts:
- There are some users who make use of disinfectants for cleaning. Avoid using such solutions for the litter box, as they can be toxic to your cats.
- In case your cat is pregnant, maintain the litter box clean. You can even take the help of some expert in this scenario. Cleaning the litter box gets a bit crucial since you have to deal with an unborn baby here.
That’s it! There is nothing much to worry while dealing with a litter box. The only thing is that you need to keep the litter box clean and safe for your pet.
If your cat is not using the litter box, then try switching the box with another one. Or you can also try out changing the litter within the box, with some perfumed litter. Different cats have different likings, so you need to understand what your cat wants. It is a complete trial and error process, so take your time and also give some time to your cat for choosing the right litter box. Read more similar articles on LIMA Restaurant.